Thursday, December 23, 2010

"Surrender Dorothy"

The only way I can relate to the word surrender is by thinking of those words written across the sky by the Wicked Witch of The West. And yet, every day, I am reminded in order to move closer to the plan which I am to believe exists just for me, I need to surrender something which is holding me back. I have been lead to believe surrendering is for the weak. All those pictures and stories burned in my mind of "hands up and surrender" were for the defeated, not the victorious. Moving or running away instead of facing what is not good in our lives seems easier than surrendering the part which is the hardest for us to accept, and letting it go.
Truly walking or running or crawling away from the part which does not work, is making us sick, or is destroying our self, soul and spirit should be easy if we value our heart, mind and body.
Easier to "give up" than to surrender? Surrender is a strong word; implying a person may not have the strength needed to persevere through the heavy to the light parts of life. I say the light meaning the "straws" which seem to break our backs thought we should be able to let the straw land on the ground with out a temper tantrum. Surrender is not the same as detaching yourself from something which brings you sorrow. It is not the same as putting someone or something into the hand of a force greater than yourself. Surrender is placing very carefully something or someone who is part of your life away from you and walking away; not looking back, never to return, revisit or regret. If you are facing a surrender in your life, give yourself time to grow into it. The feeling should be this is the only way to survive rather than die. Don't do it because someone yells at you "Come out with your hands up!" You come out with your hands open to take on what will come next. It is written "only the strong survive"; I believe only the strong surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment